I’ll bet all you parents recognize that line from Finding Nemo, but even better, I’ll bet all your kids would recognize the line ‘keep swimming’ as well. Any time you can tie a character or a repetitive statement to a skill it becomes a game for your child instead of the white noise of instructions usually issuing from your mouth, like ‘wash your hands….cover your mouth….put the seat down….don’t tease’. My daughter came home from kindergarten today and instructed me the correct way to make the number 9 – a circle and a line, that makes a nine. If your child is struggling with learning to swim and they enjoyed Nemo, maybe they would relate to Nemo’s Dad and Dora and how they never gave up trying to find Nemo. Make it a game while you hold them in the pool and have them kick and paddle and keep swimming, keep swimming, keep swimming. Even better, they know you are there for them as long as it takes for them to learn because just like Nemo’s dad, you’d never give up on your child.
Tag Archives: Nemo
- Warmer days mean #drowning season is here. bit.ly/2oeskmm #staysafe #stopdrowning 11 hours ago
- Dangers of walking home alone after two men lost to #Bristol's waterways within weeks of each other. bit.ly/2oy5DXQ 14 hours ago
- Drowning prevention advice after Deakon Wilkins and Lewis Ball #water deaths. bit.ly/2oy5DXQ #stopdrowning 1 day ago
- Partnership that aimed at reducing the no. of people who lose their lives through #drowning bit.ly/2nu3avT 1 day ago
- .@RNLI and Donegal club footballers team up to launch #drowningprevention partnership. bit.ly/2nu3avT #Ireland 2 days ago
911 American Association of Pediatrics American Red Cross Atlanta Australia autism babies boys car seats cell phones child dying childhood safety children children's health children's safety child safety CPR Danielle S. Battle Dora Dr. Rob Brander drowning drowning prevention Drowning Prevention Foundation Drowning prevention month dunking economic costs emotions fence fire department First Aid global global health Hannah's Foundation Hawaii Home Alone ILSF infants infant swimming lessons Jabari Jabari of the Water kids Laura Van Straaten learn to swim Mario Vittone Martin L. King Jr Michelle Obama National Drowning Prevention Alliance Nemo New York New Zealand NYFD obesity ocean ocean rescue Outward Bound parenting parenting advice parenting tips Pediatrics Portland rescue Ruth Brenner safe kids safety Samaritan Scouts Stew Leonard surf swimming swimming lessons swimming pool teenagers toddlers twitter water safety