Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall, Humpty Dumpty had a great fall….turn around and hang on! My kids have been doing ‘Humpty Dumptys’ since they were 6 months old. Water safety is the first line of defense in keeping kids safe. They sit on the side of the pool and you recite the familiar nursery rhyme and help them ‘fall’ into the water, head above water first and then as they get comfortable they lean forward and fall under the water, then you help them ‘turn around and hold on’. Say the words over and over again, do the routine over and over again, and you may have just bought yourself 2 precious minutes if your infant or toddler falls into the water because you taught them to turn around and hold on. And if they can’t do that, maybe, just maybe, you kept them from panicking right away and that gave you the 2 minutes you needed that they were missing. Turn around and hang on. Turn around and hang on. Turn around and hang on.
- .@drownalliance the next generation of #watersafety. Register now! bit.ly/2iBynhI #stopdrowning #NDPA 1 day ago
- Some of the most #tragic #deaths in Bristol's waterways. bit.ly/2kUfuaQ #drowning 1 day ago
- National award for Sidcup’s Magnificent Seven. bit.ly/2lskTDR @RLSSUK #lifeguards #lifesaving 1 day ago
- Take the #pledge to make sure your family is safer around #water this year. bit.ly/2kU6xhP #poolsafely #stopdrowning 1 day ago
- IMPORTANT! One more thing to know before your #kids jump into the #pool bit.ly/2iLuljW #poolsafety 2 days ago
911 American Association of Pediatrics American Red Cross Atlanta Australia autism babies boys car seats cell phones child dying childhood safety children children's health children's safety child safety CPR Danielle S. Battle Dora Dr. Rob Brander drowning drowning prevention Drowning Prevention Foundation Drowning prevention month dunking economic costs emotions fence fire department First Aid global global health Hannah's Foundation Hawaii Home Alone ILSF infants infant swimming lessons Jabari Jabari of the Water kids Laura Van Straaten learn to swim Mario Vittone Martin L. King Jr Michelle Obama National Drowning Prevention Alliance Nemo New York New Zealand NYFD obesity ocean ocean rescue Outward Bound parenting parenting advice parenting tips Pediatrics Portland rescue Ruth Brenner safe kids safety Samaritan Scouts Stew Leonard surf swimming swimming lessons swimming pool teenagers toddlers twitter water safety